Saturday 2 November 2013

My Platinum Day of Love - Wedding Anniversary

My Platinum Day of Love was my first wedding anniversary.
Our's was an arranged marriage so love was slowly and gradually creeping and growing in our relationship. Due to work requirements, my hubby had to travel a lot and we were not together on my birthday as well as his birthday. In fact, during his birthday, he was in another country (UAE) where I shortly joined him later.
He wanted to make the first anniversary special so he had planned it out very well and made all the arrangements in advance keeping it all a big surprise for me. I just assumed that he was so busy with his work so he will not have time for me and we would end up celebrating our anniversary with a hotel dinner maybe.
BUT … he planned out a day of adventure and fun and variety ending it on a soft romantic note.
Our anniversary turned out to be a day of extremes in terms of variety and adventure …
O! What a day it was !
From the sweltering 45 Degrees to the chilling minus 5 degrees … Dubai was 45 degrees hot that day of May and went to the HOT HOT beach as well as later visited SKI Dubai where one can enjoy the snow and skiing.  
From the speed boat ride in the open seas to the snow sleigh and tobogganing tyre sliding on snow … We took a speed boat at the beach and then went parasailing over the Dubai seas and then sleigh and tobogganing at Ski Dubai.
From walking on the HOT SAND on Dubai beach to wading through waist/chest deep COOL Sea Water to reach the speed boath and then sliding and slipping on the COLD SNOW in Ski Dubai and Flying / parasailing over Dubai Seas !!!
We rode the Bus, Taxi, Metro, Speed Boat, sleigh and even flew with the parachute thingy … all in a span of 12 hours. My husband has this weird idea of seeing Dubai from different views, so he dropped the idea of having a chauffeur driven car for a day and instead chose to travel across Dubai in all sorts of public transport    
That is how I celebrated my Wedding Anniversary in May 2011  … the day which bonded our relationship and took it to a whole new level. Undoubtedly, that's the platinum day of our relationship.
Platinum, the most beautiful of all metals is known for its rarity, purity and versatility … and that is how our relationship has turned out to be. That day just took our relationship to an altogether different level. I discovered a side of my husband I had never known – the boisterous, adventurous streak. WE experienced those adventures together and that brought us closer.
The end of the day was pretty calm and subtle as compared with the rest of the day … a walk down the sea side and a candle light dinner at Kamat Restaurant. From adventures in the day to the romantic evening, everything went according to our plan except for my anniversary gift.
He told me that the gift was a special one he was planning and he needed more time to get it done. Well, it took some time … well – almost 5-6 months … but it eventually came and it did lift me off or let's say sweep me off my feet.
The gift was something I never imagined my 'kanjoos' husband would ever give me – a platinum bracelet with 5 luminous diamond. He always tells me till date "Wish I had a camera when I presented you the bracelet. The expression on your face was priceless". So, maybe technically that day in September (he chose my  birthday in Sept to give me the 'late' anniversary gift) could be called my platinum day of love … but the memories of anniversary and the adventures and the bonding we shared are just too much stronger.
It was a truly awesome day and THE MOST PRECIOUS day of my life ... of our lives. It was our Platinum Day of Love.  

Some pictures of our adventures ... 

 

 

 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment